Friday, November 29, 2013

The Shhh Hour

I've pitched a tent in so many places I couldn't recount them all. But everytime it was just before night fall because we didn't want anyone to know we were there since we were literally trespassing on either private or public land either of which could end us up in the pokey or at the business end of a shotgun.

Once I got the boys in and fed it was quiet time... No barking, no talking, & definitely no lights. So I would lie in silence, motionless for hours at a time.  The goodnights were when I was so tired from the days walk i fell asleep swiftly, the tough ones were when my body ached too much to slumber.

I think about that tonite on my 2nd night of fasting and that it probably was the vast repertoire of music in my head that kept me at peace.  tonite I'm listening to Bach prelude in G.

I'm grateful that ginger loaned me her iPhone power booster so I can journal about this adventure as I won't have much time to after its completion next Thursday. 

Today was productive - I read through chapter 7 of small animal clinical oncology, came up w some new product concepts for chef big dog, started the process of prioritizing my 2014, and then i sat by the riverside basking in the fleeting warmth, shed a few layers & wrote poetry for the first time in years.  It was a good day...

Back to Bach and sleep soon I hope as the third day is when the hunger pangs crescendo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just saw u & ur 2 dogs on Animal Planet Dogs 101.
I was inspired by ur positive attitude & could tell ur two dogs respect u so very very much.
Thank you