Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Please Help Save a Momma and Her Babies

Hey Everyone

While walking a few weeks back YBD found a beautiful dog and her five babies in a filthy, falling down house. She appears to be a pit bull so we suspect she was abandoned because of Arkansas' medieval laws against the breed.

Now I've encountered many heartwrenching stories along our travels which regrettably I was unable to intervene. To the best of my abilities, I have to keep my focus on our mission but I rescued this momma and her babies. We found them temporary shelter at a private home but I found out yesterday that we have until Friday to move them or else they're going to the pound to be euthanized.

The momma is a beautiful brendal and very loving - she rode sitting on YBD's lap. The puppies are probably 8 weeks old. Now I know this country is replete with sad stories but they are a part of our family now (and this historic story), and I intend to do everything in my power to prevent anything happening to them.

But since I don't have a home to house them or a vehicle to transport them, Yer Big Dog is asking for your help. Please spread the word and email me at bigdog@2dogs2000miles.org if you can help. Thank you.

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Big Dog, you have a heart of gold! I hope there are some people out there who will be able to help these poor dogs. Unfortunately, I'm about 2,500 miles away (in Portland, OR), so I'm of little use. This is a great post. With all you are doing, you have taken these little wastrels under your wing. When I read things like this, it makes me happy that I am a supporter & volunteer of your organization.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was wondering if you need financial support or if you're looking for a permanent home for the pups? Or both? I'm a Master's student and don't have aton of money but I may be able to help.
Email at: kevpadd@msn.com

bitt said...

oh my heart breaks. i have a soft spot for pittie pups.

2 Fuzzybutts and a Big Dog said...

Update - Momma & babies are SAFE! As soon as I have the info of their whereabouts, we'll post it. Thanks to Kathy, Darla, and everyone else for their help.