Friday, May 31, 2013

Traces: A Tribute to Murphy

It's your birthday today.

It's interesting to me that the origin of the word, traces, has two diametrically opposed meanings.  One is to make one's way, the other is to draw one's course.  Or stated differently, a path that one follows or one leaves.  

I often wonder which way I've been heading since we lost you.  It was clearer with you by our side on the road and without you we would have never made the final mile.  But because of you and my faith we will always find our way.  

You've left your traces in so many places in our lives.  Thank you.  

3 comments:

bmdgprmom4 said...

You have left your paw print in my home and in my heart ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Anonymous said...

It would have been an honor to meet the soul that encapsulated mine. So instead I do everything I can to honor his.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about Murphy, I just lost my beloved canine Cinnamon. They not only leave traces they leave roads that open to other vistas.