Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I Shrugged

It's time for me to return to Facebook.

I could spend an hour at least discoursing as to the reasons why I deactivated my account but I learned what I needed to learn.  

There's a great book that I eschewed in my younger years but I read it as a grown man and it has inspired me ever since.  It's about an immigrant who built a life and a legacy against all odds.  But it's more than that.  

For me, the sad thing is what got lost in the midst of all this is my profound and absolute appreciation to the people who have been a part of this story and continue to be.  Through the walk, through Murphy's diagnosis, the wilderness that followed his death, and the Tour to celebrate his life.  

I thank you but I did all of these things because I loved a dog.  

Not for you, not for fame or celebrity.  Hell it wasn't until recent that I even saw myself of Dogs 101, no disrespect to the production company.  

But I realize now I am no longer one of you, and I shrugged.  

I needed to.  And not because I don't care for you or don't value you but I must.  

There's a great philosopher that once said...  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure what the great philosopher said however I also shrugged.