Someone's done something at Yahoo (aptly named) and we're not able to post the 2 Dogs 2 Day right now. Because we're so close to Boston and have many things to tell you about, including some important deadlines, I'm posting the Daily here today. Sorry for the inconvenience.
In This Issue
2. Deadlines Extended But Don’t Wait
3. Can You Help?
4. In The News
5. Canine Health Foundation News Alert Blog
6. Volunteers Needed
7. Can Anyone Trade Rooms?
1. Congratulations! Luke, Hudson and Murphy went to Pups On Parade Friday night in Richmond, VA (they drove) to the benefit for Fetch A Cure. (They're doing important work in cancer care and treatment. Please check out their website here: http://fetchacure.com/) Joann Silverman, Director of Fetch a Cure, had a birthday cake for Murphy donated by Michele Lynett. Murphy loved the cake! And Luke was awarded the 2010 Humanitarian Award! They made it back in Rhode Island in their little rented Kia Soul. Luke said the Fuzzybutts fit in it just fine!
2. Deadlines Extended But Don’t Wait – Several deadlines have been extended, but not for long so please don’t wait to order:
If you’re going to our Boston Festivities and need a hotel room, the Red Roof Inn in Woburn, MA is offering a 2 Dogs 2000 Miles/2 Million Dogs discount rate of $64.99 a night for June 17-20 (pets are allowed and the fee has been waived for our guests). Please call 781-935-7110 and mention discount code CP605357. Deadline to reserve rooms at this rate is June 10th.
According to Hudson, “Mommy G (Ginger) sez Memorial Shirt #6 is in and can be purchased at https://co.clickandpledge.com/advanced/default.aspx?wid=30330 . Order before June 9th to make sure you receive it before Boston! Luvs U Huds”
The deadline to be a vendor at the Puppy Up! Festival in Boston is TODAY, June 7th. Email Sheila at firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to order the fans has been extended to TODAY, June 7. (It can take up to 5 business days to ship.) Please fill out this form
and email it to email@example.com. For more information contact Hope Lisle at firstname.lastname@example.org. The fans can either be In Memory of or In Honor of a pet or person who has experienced cancer.
3. Can You Help? Can you help a beautiful sheltie/husky mix named Sox? She has a lump on her thigh/hip area that has been diagnosed as Mast Cell tumor grade 1. She is friendly and sweet. She has very good chance to be cancer free after tumor removal. She is guessed to be about three years old. She weighs 35 lbs. For more details on this beautiful dog, and to see pictures, please visit our blog: http://puppyup.blogspot.com/2010/06/can-you-help-this-beautiful-girl.html contact info for SOX: Natalie Bartizek 513-331-9633 email@example.com
4. In The News – Luke and The Boys are in the news:
Luke is on BARK Radio http://barkradio.com/2010/06/02/luke-robinson/ “Luke Robinson and his two Great Pyrenees, Murphy and Hudson, are very nearly finished with their 2,400 mile walk from Austin to Boston. Terry and Dee talked with Luke recently about the The Boys, the Boston celebration including the Puppy Up! Festival, a new comparative oncology study, 2 Million Dogs, and much, much more.
Also please check out the great article on The Boys posted on the Halo Pets blog: http://blog.halopets.com/2010/05/24/he-walked-over-2000-miles/
5. Canine Health Foundation News Alert Blog --http://2dogs2000miles.blogspot.com/2010/06/canine-health-foundation-news-alert.html
The Canine Health Foundation is pleased to announce the publication of the final video recorded at the 2009 National Parent Club Canine Health Conference held in St. Louis. The October conference, sponsored by Nestlé Purina PetCare Company, brought together leading researchers and representatives from national breed clubs to discuss the current state of canine health research, and where the future will lead. The video released is Dr. Matthew Breen, "Canine Cancer & Comparative Genomics: New Technologies, New Opportunities." http://ondemand.thecanonhouse.com/CHF/Breen/Breen.html
We will continue to post important videos and articles on the blog.
6. Volunteers Needed -- We need volunteers to help with the Puppy Up! Festival. Volunteers needed from 8am-4pm for the Festival, setup and tear down. We have 2 hour shifts available so you can still enjoy the day with your dog. Contact Sheila at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Can Anyone Trade Rooms in Boston? Patty Gartmann email@example.com writes: I originally had our reservations at the Fairmont for a King bed room. However, I am rooming with a girl friend. We would prefer to have a room with two beds. I called the hotel and asked that they put on my paper that we prefer room with two beds but she cannot guarantee that will work out as our block of rooms is all booked up.
If someone has a room booked at the Fairmont with two beds and would prefer the king bed, we could swap. I would need their confirmation number and I will call the hotel for us. Thanks. Patty Gartmann Please contact Patty at her email address if you can help. Thanks!
8. Condolences – We send our sincere condolences to Dianne Sihksnel who just recently lost her dog Monet Larue. Monet will be one of hundreds on Memorial Shirt 6.
And deepest condolences to our good friend and volunteer Beverly Alba, who lost her greyhound to osteosarcoma.
Don’t forget those deadlines TODAY!
Erich & His 4 Pack
Our Home Page: http://www.2dogs2000miles.org/
2Dogs Blog: http://2dogs2000miles.blogspot.com/
Puppy Up Blog: http://puppyup.blogspot.com/
Facebook Direct Link: http://www.facebook.com/2dogs2000miles
Contact Ginger for media inquiries, and product orders: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Erich concerning Daily & Blogs questions: email@example.com
We welcome your thoughts, opinions, comments & questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Every dog with cancer has a story. Send us yours at: email@example.com
Puppy Up! goodies available at: http://tinyurl.com/y2uow24
Please come to Boston in the Springtime for the Puppy Up! Welcome Home Events: http://tinyurl.com/y5uukn2
Speaking of Boston, if you are able to donate items for the Live & Silent Auctions, you can find a handy on-line form right here: http://tinyurl.com/23a2pj3
Find out what becoming a Boston Events Sponsor is all about: http://tinyurl.com/2e543me
Join the next part of the journey: http://2milliondogs.org/
Send in your dog’s photo and story for the 2011 calendar contest: firstname.lastname@example.org For details: http://2dogs2000miles.blogspot.com/2010/04/hudson-and-murphy-say-send-us-your.html
Did you know we have a Community Walk Page, where you can see all the places The Boys have visited? Check it out: http://www.communitywalk.com/2dogs2000miles
Many generous companies support our walk. Here are just some of them. Your company could be here too:
The Honest Kitchen: http://www.thehonestkitchen.com/index.shtml
Nature’s Variety: http://www.naturesvariety.com/
Wagatha’s Organic Dog Treats: http://www.wagathas.com/
Vectra 3D: http://www.summitvetpharm.com/
Whole Earth Provisions Company: http://www.wholeearthprovision.com/
Aqua Paws http://www.fittercritters.org/
Especially For Pets: http://www.especiallyforpets.com/
Woody’s Dog Wash: http://www.woodysdogbath.com/
Eddie’s Wheels for Pets: http://www.eddieswheels.com/
Red Roof Inn: http://www.redroof.com/
Dee the Dog Trainer: http://www.deethedogtrainer.com