Wednesday, September 4, 2013

THE ROCK: Chapter 13. Ridiculous Part 2

Here. Now

I was born in the year of the dog.  1970. And maybe that's what sealed my fate.

The ridiculous thing is I didn't even realize that until well after we were on the road.  I was in some jerkwater town at an all-you-can-eat Asian restaurant supping by myself and they had those Chinese Zodiac placemats on the table.  The thing you never read unless you're alone.  

After my uncle Jamie passed recently, I've had a tough time composing the next chapter of the story.  As a writer, adventurer, philanthropist - cum chef you never know when your next word, idea, undertaking or meal is your last.  

But we dogs.  We don't care.

What comes next isn't up to us.  The only thing that matters is here and now.

--------

YBD's Notes: There may be a part 3, 4, 5 to this chapter until I figure out what I have to figure out.  My apologies.

No comments: