Tuesday, September 3, 2013

THE ROCK: Chapter 12 Ridiculous

"To do a great right.  Do a little wrong."  Shakespeare

--------

Fall 2007.  San Antonio, TX

“Hello?  Columbia Sportswear?” 

“Yes, how may I help you?”

“I’m interested in obtaining a sponsorship. I’m going on this really cool cross country hike with my two dogs to raise awareness for cancer in pets and…” 

“Are you a professional athlete?”

“Um, no.”

“Do you have an agent?”

“No, ma’am.”

“You need to get an agent.”   

“How do you get one?” 

“First off all you have to be an athlete.”

“But all I really need is a couple of pairs of shorts and shirts to get me started and…”

“Sir, we only sponsor athletes that we can design a line of apparel around”.

"Umm.. can you at least donate a pair of socks?"


Click.  

--------

YBD's Notes  1:   In a world of inanity, be ridiculous.  

YBD's Notes 2:  Don't seek sponsorship.You don't need it.  

YBD's Notes 3: Seek sponsorship. You need it.

YBD's Notes 4: Socks that is

-------

No comments: