Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Dog Whisperer

Wow! What a thoroughly entertaining and informative seminar Cesar put on this past Saturday. I've only seen a few episodes of his show and had no idea he was more than just a dog trainer but profound philosopher, too.

His Effective Fulfillment Formula for a balanced and healthy relationship is a model that can be applied to our lives as well. Exercising with your dog establishes trust, discipline builds respect, and giving affection breeds love and loyalty. If I'd only known that in my last relationship... jeez.

Another bit of information I found fascinating is that puppies don't open their eyes for two weeks after birth and can't hear until day 21 but they smell from the moment they're born. And it's their powerful sense of smell that enables them to detect our energy. Cesar recommends achieving a 'calm assertive' state prior to interacting with them.

He also says the first thing we should do in the morning is stretch with them. I knew I was doing something right - is there any other way to start the day? It's a great seminar and I couldn't recommend it more passionately.

No comments: