Saturday, July 18, 2015

Life at 3MPH

The fraternity of extreme adventurers is actually and quite understandably small.  I've reduced the reason down to one simple equation - the glory versus the grind.  If glory>grind no. If grind>glory maybe.  There's grit in there but that's a conversation for another time.  

Most begin with the finish line in mind and forget about the millions of steps it takes to get there and don't realize they're doomed from the very start. 

I've crossed paths with hundreds of would be adventurers who wanted to conquer the AT or the PCT, the vast majority of whom succumbed to the algebra but one, I'm happy to say, did not.  My good friend, John Stalls.  

What I can say about this lad is, other than that he walked from coast to coast, is that as a strapping 6'5 tall and ruggedly gaunt man, he's the poster boy for great adventures.  Even though I've walked many more miles than him, when and if I ever get a Wikipedia page, I hope they put John's picture on it because he looks the part. 

And lives it, too.  Since he completed his cross country journey Johnathan Stalls has built an organization committed to promoting wellness through walking.  Mile by mile his walk to connect has inspired many people in Denver CO and now he wants to expand it to other communities.  John is a man I'd put my money behind and I hope you will support him in his campaign to realize his vision for Life at 3MPH.  
  


No comments: