Wednesday, March 23, 2011

11 Stones: Angel

It's been a frikkin awesome week. Murphy has been mostly smiles since our third anniversary.

The edema in his left eye has improved significantly. Too early to call it trauma unrelated to tumor but it's an improvement nonetheless.

His snout is still snotty but it's not draining as much... could be the spring pollen count in Memphis is plugging him up... dunno.

Another curious development is since late January, Murphy has reeked of decaying flesh from radiation necrosis of his nasal tissue I suppose. Some days it was pretty ripe. That's gone now, too.

I don't know whether taken together these are a new manifestation of the disease but I haven't spent much time chewing on it. We've been too busy.

We had an overindulgent St. Patrick's, picnics at Overton Park just about every day, and we recently had dance nite! I turned on my tunes from the 80s & 90s... Mommy G dressed Murphy up in a tux and top hat (yeah, that didn't last too long) but he really got into it and after a few songs kicked Hudson and Buddy off the dance floor.

Nearby is a video of Ginger and Murphy grooving to Sarah Mclachlan's Angel.

Hell, yeah, Murphy still has a few hoots and a hollerin left in him...

8 comments:

Ramsey Rambles said...

Knock knock knock can The Ramz come in purrty please. Can you please unleash the wall. I want to have a Bow Wow with you about Mommy G.

Solitude.Peace said...

Well Murphy you are more beautiful than words. Papi was singing and Ginger was dancing with you. Perfect video to watch. I really enjoyed seeing you paw as if you wanted to continue your slow dance. I am pleased to read that you tend to be feeling a bit better. Drinking on Saint Patrick's Day and picnic's in the park. You are living a fun life and I'm glad you are enjoying every minute of it. Love seeing a live video of you. Keep smiling ;)

Luke, thanks for sharing!
Tish

Anonymous said...

I am unable to find the video!

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful, the song, the video, Murphy!!! It bring me such happiness to see Murphy like this! This song is perfect, I actually have always wanted it played at my services when I leave this earth to collect my angel wings! God Bless you Luke, Mama G, Murphy, Hudson and Budman! We all love you!!!

Kolchak Puggle said...

It does our hearts good to read blogs like this one. Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain, we're so very glad that Murphy is dancing.

Anonymous said...

You simply do not deserve what is happening. You have given some much so unselfishly, it is hard to comprehend.
My heart goes out to you and your sweet boys.
Katherine

Anonymous said...

how beautiful, how touching, how loving...

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful & precious video. HUGS to all.
Georgia