Monday, June 23, 2014

Indy Turns Three

This week has seen the third anniversary of Murphy's passing and Indiana's 3rd birthday and to me, the two are inextricably intertwined. And this photo captures it.  

On Instagram I entitled it 'Between a Rock and a Jersey Wall' but there's greater context to it.  

--------

Indy the Scrabbler


Didn't have a good feeling of 99E south of Oregon City so I chose to take Google Maps alternative route High street and after scrutinizing it on my iPhone it looked suitable.  So we took the Promenade Park and were greeted with sweeping views of the Willamette River (don't even try pronouncing it).  


I should've known that just like Long Island was, well, long, High street was high and that miscalculation by me nearly cost us our lives.  

Don't have time for the details of the harrowing experience but we made it to the top and in no small part to Indiana who, like Murphy would've, lead the way behind me with Hudson willfully following.  

--------

Murphy Smiles

Still.  In each of us.  

In one of my training blogs I wrote about how I suspected that I'd have to keep up with Lil' Nana on this walk and he has not disappointed.  I see so much of Murphy in him.  

The good, the bad, and the fuzzybutt.  

That's the birthday boy with Vince and Diane and their gal Lucy.



No comments: